Saturday, May 21, 2011

Enjoy Being A Girl :)




I am well aware of the mass confusion among the genders these days.... but speaking as a *hardcore* old-fashioned gal I am quite certain that us girls can do a better job of being just that-girls!!! To begin with:



YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE

ANTI-MAN TO BE PRO-WOMAN!



I am so tired of the modern mindset that feels it necessary to cut down men at every possible turn for the sole purpose of lifting up a woman. I feel that this is cheap and unnecessary and when you give it any thought whatsoever this is insulting. We have to stomp on men before we can look good? No, OF COURSE NOT but that's the message that the attitude sends, well, to me anyway. This is the first point to come to mind because it is an absolute pet peeve of mine, to say the absolute least.


Make Up:
1 word: moderation


2 words: CALM DOWN




3 words: less is more!




I like to do my own makeup Audrey Hepburns method which comes from during a time where the natural look was very in. That's the best method in my book :)


Clothing:
We all have different styles and I am learning to absolutely love the fact that there are so many different ways of expressing one's self. However, there are just some rules that should always be applied.



#1 Sit like a girl. Especially if you are in a dress or skirt. For real. :)

The big fad these days is the mid thigh length dress or skirt and I see a lot of girls wearing it that have no idea how to wear them. Yes, I definitely have a problem with this fad... No matter how long the hem is, you simply MUST understand that it is totally different from wearing a pair of jeans. Cross your ankles, it's cute :) Sit with the knees together...for goodness sake lol.

#2 Don't be junkie. Why are people going to Wal-Mart in their PJs, praytell? I've seen more people come to Chick-Fil-A in their pajamas and they feel like they "compensate" for that by wearing sunglasses because they havent washed their face yet. It has been said to,"Look your best-who said love is blind?" Amen. We may love you, but have some self respect.... it will make you easier to love :)



#3 Do not view girlish clothes as a sign of weakness. I know several good girls that would disagree with this statement, but here is my reason:

The feminist movement has manipulated the mindset of girls everywhere so much so that it is to the point where we don't feel comfortable looking like girls. Why can't girls enjoy delicate things? We wont get into the question of "why can't guys enjoy more masculine things" ...I feel a lot of guys are confused about their own place because girls have set a double standard. So no pointing fingers unless it is at yourself(this is a good rule in general) :) I am not saying that everyone should have the same style that I have. Yes, I do adore lace and pearls and ruffles and so on and so forth :) but there are several ways to be feminine! Femininity is defined as "suitable to or characteristic of a woman." Be.a.girl. It is so fun! The possibilities are endless!


When girlieness is no longer viewed as an outward expression of weakness but is rather embraced as something to love and enjoy, the constant battle with the world to prove "non-weakness" ceases to exist! Even though I grew up with hairbows and playing with dolls (porcelien dolls, that is...) it wasn't until about a year or two ago that I no longer felt the daily need to prove that I could "keep up with the boys." I guess I was the "girliest" girl that people at my work had seen in awhile and that honestly became a part of my identity to my coworkers. I had never been treated so much like a lady before and I downright stinkin' loved it! It was as if I could finally be what I wanted to be without having to kick against the constant stupidity of having to prove that I was "tough"/ wanting to be an old fashioned, girlie girl. Hey, I still think I am a fairly tough cookie. Shoot, I don't remember life before I worked in my dad's wood shop. After that, I cut acres of soccer fields with my dad and brothers, helped start a church (all of this was before age 10) and as a family we cleared a couple of acres of trees before we built our house. I worked several suicide shifts at work(including open to close). So yes, I am a fairly independent person that enjoys work that makes ya sweat...At the same time, I don't feel like it is at all necessary to forcefully accomplish or adamantly refuse offers to be aided in lifting heavy objects, carrying things, etc. by one of the male genders to once and for all PROVE that you are as good or better than he is. Be a girl and let the guy be a guy.

Enjoy being a girl! There are so many fun things a girl could try out because she can. A girl should have fun with the fact that she IS a girl :)Like walking with graceful pivots, vacuuming in heels. etc. :) Yes, I subconsciously exist an in era of the 50s because I happen to approve of that generation's legacy of being faithful to each other... By waiting for their soldier to come home and not dating around when they promised to wait( not in every case, obviously...but generally speaking..). I "approve" of the after-war years when women wanted desperately to go back to feeling like women and to get out of wearing the overalls all the time. Yes, I adore this era and I would give much to go and see if it was all that it was cracked up to be. It was a simple time.... so beautifully simple <3

Enjoy the freedom that femininity produces. Play around with kids, find out that it is not too hard to accessorize according to your own tastes and preferences, bake random batches of cookies and decorate them. Realize the gift that not having the laundry list or responsibilities that men have. The main point of this whole blog is to say that being a girl is not a weakness, it is wonderful :) Being girlie is not a defect; it is a delightul enjoyment. Try it! Embrace your inner girl ;) Femininity is appreciated, trust me. Even if you are a sportsy tom-boy, be creative. It is possible :) It is worth it. It is awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely perfect. So glad there are people out there who still think this way. ;) Keep up the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete